WhatsApp, Tumblr, Windows, Samsung, Uber, and thousands of other companies rely on Velocity. Visit Libscore.com to see which sites use Velocity on their homepage.
Hi folks, I have some exciting news to share. Julian has graciously offered and I have accepted to become the lead maintainer for Velocity. I'm really excited to be working closely with and learning from him in order to transition this project onto my plate. I remember when Julian started working on Velocity (locked away in his apartment — a few blocks away from me). Then later when he first announced it publicly. And finally when it exploded in growth from 0 to what it is today. I hope to bring that same enthusiasm, energy, and skill to it. I am honored to be taking it on. Looking forward to working on it along with the rest of the contributors.
— Message from @kvirani [August 22, 2016]
Velocity (CDN, choose one of them):
<script src="//cdn.jsdelivr.net/velocity/1.5/velocity.min.js"></script> <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/velocity/1.5.0/velocity.min.js"></script>
Velocity UI pack (CDN, choose one of them):
<script src="//cdn.jsdelivr.net/velocity/1.5/velocity.ui.min.js"></script> <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/velocity/1.5.0/velocity.ui.min.js"></script>
Please note that JSDelivr will automatically supply the latest release, while CloudFlare needs to ask for a specific version.
npm install velocity-animate
bower install velocity
Questions or Problems?
Ask on StackOverflow (make sure you add the
- 1.5: Bugfixes, IE9 compatibility fixes.
- 1.4: Pause / Resume (per element or global).
Forcefed string animation (just have matching number spaces) including unit conversions and colour names (ie
background:["rgba(red,0.1)", "blue"]). High resolution timers (animations should be slightly smoother).
Various fixes including ticker (loading Velocity in a background window) and color handling.
- 1.3: Code cleanup - no breaking changes known.
- 1.2: Custom tweens. Custom easings. "Finish" command.
- 1.0: File name changed to
velocity.js. Read VelocityJS.org/#dependencies.
stopnow stops animations immediately (instead of only clearing the remainder of the animation queue). No other backwards-incompatible changes were made.
- Motion design: smashingmagazine.com/2014/06/18/faster-ui-animations-with-velocity-js
- Animating without jQuery: smashingmagazine.com/2014/09/04/animating-without-jquery
- Performance comparisons: davidwalsh.name/css-js-animation
- Workflow: css-tricks.com/improving-ui-animation-workflow-velocity-js
- CSS transitions are meant for simple interface flourishes.
- jQuery's $.animate() is slow and poorly-equipped for motion design.
- Velocity is a fast, feature-rich standalone alternative to jQuery's $.animate().